Sick of your normal breakfast options? What can be more badass than starting your day strong with some nutrient packed eats ??
Here are some breakfast options to rotate through your week. Experimenting with different flavors and nutrients can change your energy level and nourish your body. Below are some fresh ideas to make in advance, make in the morning or grab and run options to make breakfast interesting again. I challenge you to try 3 new breakfast options this week to jumpstart your day! Take some photos of your breakfasts this week and tag #badassbreakfast on IG to share with our community!
Make Ahead Options~
- Waffles (make in a waffle iron) or Pancakes, have some now and freeze for later!
- Yogurt Parfaits – Make your own because store bought yogurt is stacked with the white stuff – that white stuff is sugar!
- Start with WHOLE MILK Greek or Plant Based Greek (Kite Hill has a Greek Yogurt) Plain, NOT flavored (the flavoring is what adds the sugar)
- Add sliced almonds, walnuts and seeds (pumpkin, chia or hemp)
- ***Chia Pudding (Recipe below)***
- Hard Boiled Eggs – add some fresh fruit on the side
Make in the Morning~
- Avocado Toast – top with some TJ Everything Seasoning
- Good option if you have a half of an avocado from an earlier meal!
- Apples or Bananas with almond or peanut butter
- Acai or Pitaya bowls – stock your freezer with frozen Acai and toss in berries and a banana in the blender for a nice treat. Top with unsweetened coconut shreds, chia seeds, walnut seeds, etc.
- Breakfast smoothies with protein powder or nut butters
- make a double batch have one now and another tomorrow =)
- Eggs!! Any way you like them. Go for nutritious pasture raised. My favorite is adding half and avocado and green salsa to spice it up =)
In a Hurry ~
- Cereal is generally crap with sugar and ingredients. If cereal is a must have consider brown rice cereal (an alternative to rice krispies) or Ezekiel brand cereals.
- Larabar Protein Bar or any bar with less than 5 ingredients, best date based low in sugar, high in protein.
- Whole Fruit!! Nature’s Breakfast =)
Chia Seed Pudding Recipe:
- 2 Cups Nut milk like almond milk
- 1/2 Cup chia seeds
- 1/4 Cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Toppings such as cashews or fresh fruit
In a quart jar combine all ingredients, cover it with the lid and shake well to mix everything well. Set aside for 15 minutes. Divide pudding into four bowls and add toppings and enjoy all week! Great for breakfast and a sweet snack.