I know it’s “WATER” but I’m a Philly girl…
This one seems easy, but it is one of the hardest wellness goals to achieve day after day. The magical formula for drinking enough water is taking your body weight, cut it in half and drink it up in ounces. Personally, I seem to start off great with this goal and by about 11:32am I am off of it, so I am going to work hard to keep this one up with all of you!
It is said that once you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated! Having enough water in your body helps it function properly! Specifically adequate hydrations gives you:
- Peak physical performance
- Better brain function and energy levels
- Prevent and treat headaches
- Relieve constipation
- May help to treat kidney stones
- Prevent hangovers (hello! the hangover headache is due to severe dehydration)
- Can help with weight loss
So, if you are like me and drinking enough water is a challenge, here are some tips to help US through this week of sips:
- Flavor the water with lemon or lime
- Drink a full glass with every meal or snack
- Set up a reminder on your phone
- Do a hydration challenge with a friend…LIKE US!
- Get a water bottle that you like so you can travel with fresh cold water. Here are some cool ones to try:
- Cheap and motivational: https://www.amazon.com/Giotto-Gallon-Motivational-Paracord-Removable/dp/B08G1SN9FL/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=water+bottle&qid=1623377660&sr=8-5
- The Eco-Friendly Standby https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/hydro-flask-wide-mouth-40-ozbottle-19hflu40zwdmthxxxhyd/19hflu40zwdmthxxxhyd?recid=product_PageElement_pdplanding_rr_4_39952_&rrec=true
- Cool glass option; https://mybkr.com/products/frost-1l
SO, let’s go for WEEK 2, report back and send me photos of you chug a lugging!!!