It’s exercise week!! This week I am going to challenge everyone to work out 5 times this week for 30 minutes. Since this is for ALL bodies, this could be walking, yoga, HIIT, whatever you want. Make it yours! If you want to do more, go for it, but a minimum is 5 days. Should your doctor advise you not to engage in exercise, of course you should refrain this week.
Stress and sitting in the same position for long periods of time can create chronic aches, tightness that leads to injury and lack of energy. Exercise is a great way to release built up physical tension and emotional stress and the best part is incorporating exercise into your routine will actually GIVE you more energy.
How are we going to do this?
- Find something you like to do! It can be anything you enjoy! Maybe a walk with your favorite podcast? Maybe go for a swim at the pool or try surfing?
- Schedule the time to move! Add it onto your journal or iPhone calendar. If you are pressed for time, break up the 30 minutes into several blocks during the day. If you work full time, you may need to get up before work, work out at lunch or take several walking breaks during the day.
- Listen to your Body’s Energy – If you have more pep in the am, get it done early. *For anyone who may be hitting their period this week, feel free to postpone this a week! Go with the Flow (pardon the pun).
- Choose a variety of options to keep things fresh! Your movement this week can be weights, yoga, barre, whatever your energy brings.
- Drink your water (Tie IN from last week), drink the water, it’s the summer and if you are dehydrated you WILL feel sluggish in your workout.
If you already have a favorite workout, gym or studio, then awesome! If you need a place to start, here are some FREE trial memberships you can try this week to see if you find something you like.
- bulldog yoga online (you knew I would start with that didn’t you?) 30 Day Free Trial Here: https://bulldogonline.com/
- Isaac Boots is hilarious and does resistance band workouts for FREE every day at 11am https://www.instagram.com/isaacboots/
- Sweat Society with Megan Roup – Dance cardio and sculpt series is super hard and fun! Free 14 Day Trial: https://thesculptsociety.com/
- Tracey Anderson – Weighted workouts with great music, free 14 Day Trial: https://tracyanderson.com/studio/signup/?gclid=CjwKCAjwoNuGBhA8EiwAFxomA2ek4Z5mNOZcgeeKwKWxgoJP9iY580tXGFYocUWrFNE-jTbGAK0gtBoCfEsQAvD_BwE
- Peloton Membership – contrary to popular belief you DON’T need to have a bike to use the Peloton app. They have outdoor running, walking, strength, barre and more!
Remember the best way to do this challenge is to layer each week on top, so keep up with minding your sugar, drink your water and now SWEAT IT OUT!